Every piece of reclaimed lumber is unique and has its own special features. So not only is the wood full of character, but using reclaimed lumber comes with several benefits.
- Size: You will find aged barn boards are larger than newer wood that is found today. Larger boards offer more options when creating larger pieces of furniture and larger projects.
- Unique features: As already mentioned, each piece of wood has different features and even though they may come from the same structure, no two pieces are the same.
- Eco-Friendly: When using reclaimed lumber new trees are not being cut down. Therefore, it’s better for the environment.
- History: Each time you use reclaimed lumber for your home or project you are preserving a bit of history. You are bringing new birth to an old object that could have been demolished.
- Strong: Barnwood may be old but it is strong. It is ideal for making furniture and flooring. Old barns were made from old-growth wood which is stronger than most wood that is harvested today. The wood had longer to harden due to hundreds of years of growth.